So, have you noticed it looks a little less Raggedy Ann and a little more Audrey Hepburn in here? Actually, my blog probably has more in common with radioactive ladybugs than it does with Audrey Hepburn, but you get my point. Because we just get each other, right?
After becoming an official member of #BloggerIdolRejects (hash tag credit to Mr. ElGuapo) and pondering what absurd reasons the judging panel came up with to exclude me from the top thirteen, I began to think of ways that I could improve my blog. I came up with three conclusions that may help my case in the future:
1. I shall acquire a spawn (or ten) and transform this into a “mommy” blog, thus giving me a much better chance at scoring my way into the top thirteen of BloggerIdol next year.
2. My header needs to actually have something to do with my blog.
3. I need a logo, AKA a button, to represent my blog outside of its domain. Should the occasion arise…
Considering that I can face-plant more gracefully than I can handle anything having to do with babies, I opted out of improvement number one.
My header was the work of Dina Goldstein from her Fallen Princesses collection. I stumbled across her work way before I began this blog. Her work is that of a humble prodigy. The photograph was entitle “Cinder” and depicted the famous Cinderella having a booze bath at her shady local bar. As I interpreted the piece, I identified with it tremendously.
While this made perfect sense to me to use as a header, it would continue to mean nothing to my readers if it remained there unexplained. Plus, I haven’t dabbled in the complexities of Microsoft Paint in a few decades. Do hipsters use Paint instead of Photoshop? If so, I think I just became a hipster.
As for the whole button thing, I needed some help. The Google search results for, “how to make a WordPress blog button” returned this as the top result. Indeed it was somewhat helpful, and I give a round of applause to the lady who wrote the tutorial. My research resulted in the Photoshop wannabe clusterfuck over there in the sidebar. It is inspired by my occasional exploitation of cats meshed with my delusion that I am the next female Travis Barker, but it works. Like I said before, you get it, and that is all that matters.
I am still working out the whole “grab box” thing for the button, because I am a fucknut *winking at you AGreyCat*.
Okay, so not that much is changed, but what do you think? Are the changes as magnificent as a double rainbow or worse than sliding down a razor blade into a pool of alcohol?
- Create A Social Updates Wall In Your WordPress Blog With Socialist jQuery Plugin (makeuseof.com)
- [Tutorial + Freebie] Sweet Beginning: Customizing a wordpress.com Blog (pixeledpaper.wordpress.com)
- Blog buttons (frootbat31.wordpress.com)