I am borrowing an idea today. You may be familiar with the concept behind Post Secret. I discovered this trend via theBerry, and I can’t seem to get enough of the compilation post of anonymous secrets they publish on Fridays. I’ve been thinking of my own secret behaviors, and since I am being fearless these days, I will spill a few here today. But don’t go telling everyone on the internet or anything. I trust you.
1. I listen to the music in my car at sound volumes reminiscent of the decibels that melted George McFly’s mind. When I pull up to a red light, any red light, I immediately turn it down to a respectable level. I wouldn’t want strangers I will never see again judging my taste in music. I also don’t want children to hear me spitting Eminem like a champ.
2. When I catch an auto corrected text message that turns out to be LOL material, I will send it anyway. Then I send a corrected text after. I feel obligated to do this but also oh so guilty.
3. Sometimes, I forget to stretch before I work out. This one absolutely can not leave this blog. It is too intimate, but it does feel nice to finally get it off of my chest.
4. I once stole a single Lemon Head candy from the grocery store. I’ve been on the run ever since.
5. When I clip Jack’s claws, I pretend I am doing a dire medical procedure. In that moment, I am Chief of Surgery. Sometimes I even put on scrubs.
6. My real name is not actually Becca. It’s Rebecca.
Should I stop this before I reach a point of no return?
7. My hair color is a lie. There, have we said it enough? Is everyone aware? Good. We wont bring it up again.
8. I try to kill bugs with hairspray. While pretending I am a giant.
9. My pillows on my bed are human. I cuddle with them. Sometimes, I even cuddle with two of them at the same time. The shame is unbearable.
10. My secrets are ridiculous, which really is no secret at all.
I feel naked now. So do me a solid by getting naked with me. Tell me, what is your post secret?
- Post Not-So-Secret (breezyk.wordpress.com)
- #83: Mail a post card to PostSecret (smilekiddo.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Secrets (postsecret.com)
- Secrets or lies (wellheregoes.wordpress.com)